The view of these stunning rice terraces is best enjoyed, relaxing, which is perfect moment to be here. The best time to visit June to November ( rainy season).
Pa Pong Piang is the best secret rice terrace in Chiang Mai. It might be complicated to get there because you have to pass the national park ticket and you can get there. Pa Pong Piang is the rice fields of Karen hill tribe, there are lots of mountains in Doi Inthanon national park. In the area you see called Mea Chaem. It is a peaceful place in the located of Karen village, the guide can take you to explore the village, learn about their activities and simply lifestyle.
There are many rice terraces pictures spots to be visited in the area. Best is to spend the night over in one of the villages and really take time to visit around. Local accommodations are limited; you can only sleep in the house ( please contact us before booking to confirm the available room ). Ban Pa Pong Piang is located about 121 kilometres from Chiang Mai city (2.30 hours’ drive). It is best to get there with a 4 wheels truck as there are no public transportation to the village. This destination is fast becoming popular with Thai tourists, but still little known to foreign visitors. It will soon become one of your best souvenirs from Thailand.
8:00 Pick up at your hotel
– We will take you to visit the local market to buy some food and drink during the tours. From your hotel to local market takes 40 minutes. You can spend your time for 15 minutes.
– We will drive you again to the Local coffee shop (1.30 hour driving). This coffee shop is organic coffee. All are hand-make coffee. You can take a break there for 15 minutes.
– We will drive you for 30 minutes to Pa Pong Piang but before arriving, we will take you to walk to the waterfall, you will see three waterfalls, the last waterfall you can refresh yourself and about 5 minutes more driving you will arrive at Pa Pong Piang.
– The guide will take you to the rice field to learn about the culture of rice and the people.
– Sleep in the house. If there is no room available, you have to take the tent. ( we prepare everything for you )
Contact us before booking because we have to find the available room for you.
– Wake up in the morning. It is fresh air and full of foggy under your tent. It is time for you to take a deep breath and feel the nature surrounding.
– You can have breakfast there.
– 9:00 We will drive you to visit Doi Inthanon ( the highest mountain in Thailand)
– You will see tween pagodas, the people build this for the King and the Queen.
– We will drive you to see one waterfall; it is the most visited waterfall in Chiang mai
– It’s about 1 pm. You will have lunch. Your lunch will be noodles ( famous one and delicious )
– End. About 2 or 3 pm. You will arrive at your hotel.
Total Price: 4700 THB. per person
Details of the price
– Price for homestay 700 THB. per person
– Doi Inthanon National park fee 400 THB. per person
– Tour price 3600 THB. per person.
Things you need to prepare
Belongings for two days
Amazing 2 days
I highly recommend the TWO DAYS PA PONG PUANG tour. We did it with our 3 young adults and it was famous ! We had a lot of fun and the views were amazing. Tee is a great guide ! Next time we will do another tour with him.
The best memories!
This is the best place if you love to do trekking we had an amazing experience in Chiang Mai while exploring wonderful non-touristic spots
Très belle expérience
Très belle expérience pour décrouvrir la jungle, la culture locale, les cascades en très bonne compagnie (merci Tee et merci Paeng !!). 3 jours dont nous nous souviendrons longtemps. Trek indispensable pour sortir des sentiers battus de la Thaïlande et s’immerger dans la culture thaïlandaise (et notamment de l’ethnie Karen).
Great trek in the jungle with a so nice guide.. I really recommend!!
trop bel accueil magique de la part d un musicien très belle soirée
8 amis de France